10.17.2012

WED BAG ♥ PACIFICA ISLAND VANILLA PERFUME (PACIFICA PART 1) ♥

Recently I was sent a box of lovely goodies from the kids over at Pacifica. They make lovely fragrances and bath lovelies in a load of lovely scents. You might have seen them in nicer stores that carry good-for-you products because they are 100% vegan, cruelty free and free of parabens, phthalates and propylene glycol (which I really love because it means it has less chance of irritating my sensitive skin). They asked me what I like and I replied with vanilla and sweet-and-creamy scents and anything that will moisturize my dry skin. I received two fragrance items in the package – a little bottle of their Island Vanilla Perfume and solid fragrance in sandalwood (which I will review in part 2 of this Pacifica product review). 


If you have read my blog, then you know I quite often mention how much I love Comptoir Sud Pacifique and all of their sweet smells. I've been wearing them for over ten years. It's hard for me to use anything else frankly. But I was very interested in trying these Pacifica scents out as some of them have delicious descriptions like the one for Island Vanilla...the package says, "inspired by the luscious Tahitian islands, this beautifully sophisticated exotic blend of Tahitian vanilla...is anchored with creamy rich Bourbon vanilla." An ex-boyfriend of mine went on a diving trip to Tahiti and brought me back a few vanilla bits like soaps and oils and I was hooked. So you can see why I was excited to get this one. It's not as sweet as I thought it would be. I can smell floral-y and fruit-y things. And a little sweetness, too. But it is the most lovely delicate fragrance and I have been wearing it every day for over a week. In contrast, I had also seen a lot of reviews about Prada's Candy fragrance, which I had heard was also very sweet. But someone I know recently bought it and I was able to smell it for a while. And Prada Candy does not smell sweet at all. At least to me. AND...I think this Island Vanilla fragrance is WAY nicer than Prada Candy. There, I said it. 

And I mean it. 


The other thing I love about Pacifica's fragrance is the bottle it comes in. It's so dainty and lovely. It feels like I'm holding a vintage perfume bottle from the 30s in my hand. It's very pretty. And the price is amazing at only $22 for a 1-ounce bottle. That's what I would suggest you order or buy if you wanted to try it out. They also have one of those roller ball things for $12 (it's about .33 ounces). But the bottle is so so pretty. And small enough to take with you if you are one of those people who carts their fragrance around with them. 

I am definitely loving this fragrance. It's lovely and lovely to look at. I now am eager to try the Mexican Cocoa, Vanilla Vera Cruz and Indian Coconut Nectar (!) scents! I also noticed they also have a Persian Rose fragrance for all of you rose fans. 

Really try them out. I will have a couple of other reviews coming up on these Pacifica products soon. So look out for them. Because so far, I am loving them all! Oh and one more big thing for me is the company is based out of Portland, Oregon! And I know how good some of the stuff that comes out of that town is and healthy, too! You can check out more on their site if you like : pacificaperfume.com. ♡

more wednesday bag ♥ steampunk at lanvin

No comments: