1.28.2011

GIRL FRIDAY ♥ FUNNY GIRL & CHANEL

THE AMAZING (I WISH I OWNED THIS OR A KNOCK-OFF OF IT) ARNOLD SCAASI OUTFIT WORN BY BARBRA STREISAND WHEN SHE WON HER OSCAR IN 1969.

The first thing I thought of when I looked at some of the later pieces in the Chanel SS 2011 Couture collection that just showed was that some of the pieces reminded me of the fun piece Barbra Streisand wore when she picked up her Oscar in 1969 for "Funny Girl" (a movie that had amazing looks in it, too). And when I picked those looks out and lined them up side-by-side with her Arnold Scaasi sequined, bell-bottom sheer outfit, I think I was right. Not sure if this was ever a consideration when Monsieur Lagerfeld was sketching them out, but the 60s are seriously there and the look is seriously a a good match. OH HOW I WISH people had more fun with their fashion at the awards ceremonies. The looks are all so BORING. The styling is all so BORING. AND SAFE. Too bad no one ever really goes for it with a fun evening look like they did back then. Anyway, if you haven't ever seen the film, and you love fashion, you're missing out. It's gorgeous. Take a look below and see for yourself.♡


Elliot Gould with Barbra.

SHE MUST HAVE LOVED WEARING THIS LOOK. NO ONE EVER DRESSES LIKE THIS ANYMORE!

Here are the specific looks that, for me, took me straight to the comparison. I do love them. I wasn't a fan of everything in the collection. But these were some of my favorites, and you can see why if you read NANCY GIRL on a regular basis...

SO 60'S...AND SOO GOOD.
SHEER, SHINY AND SIXTIES.
THIS ALSO LOOKS LIKE A PLAY ON THE SCAASI LOOK.
REALLY ADORE THIS DETAIL.

Here are some of the other looks I liked from the Chanel Couture show.

KIND OF STRANGE, BUT SIMPLE AND CHIC.
FOR SOME REASON, I LIKE THIS LOOK. MAYBE SANS THE PETTICOAT.
I ALWAYS BUY VINTAGE DRESSES IN THIS SHAPE. IT'S ONE OF MY FAVORITE SHAPES FOR EVENING DRESSES.
I THINK THE DRESS WOULD LOOK LOVELY WITHOUT THE PANTS.
GORGEOUS DETAIL AND COLOR.
I ALSO LOVE THESE SHOES. THEY'LL BE A HIT WHEN THEY'RE IN THE STORES.

more girl friday ♥ new fly girls
  
images from http://www.loveandchic.com and life.com

No comments: