7.13.2010

TUESDAY TAILOR ♥ MCQUEEN NOT LEE

It's still hard for a lot of us to look at a McQueen collection so soon after his sad passing. There's a cloud of melancholy hanging over that house that might be there forever. And I am also a bit confused. Maybe I missed something, but I think in the YSL documentary McQueen says he thinks a house should die with the designer? And that he would hope his house wouldn't carry on after he was gone? I have the video. And I'll have to review it. But I'm pretty sure it's in that movie. At least his successor is Sarah Burton, and she understands the essence of his vision and talent. It must be a daunting task to follow such a genius as Lee McQueen...and also highly emotional. At least for now, the house looks like McQueen. 

I especially love these Chinoiserie pieces from the Resort collection. They are amazing. There are very few people who could get this look down. Just look at the details. I mean, maybe some people can do this, but they can't do it this way.

The Detail




And this bit... it's almost Egyptian... King Tut and Nefertiti. 
It's absolutely gorgeous.

But that doesn't mean I'm still not sad when I look at this gorgeous collection. It is, after all, a mixed bag. ♡


images from style.com

No comments: