6.03.2012

SUN MATINEE ♥ FLASHBACK ALTERNATIVES

This is a unique Sunday Matinee post in that it's not really about a movie at all. It's about an indie Internet radio station you can listen to either on iTunes or on your Internet browser. The station is called ALL FLASHBACK ALTERNATIVES or FLASHBACK ALTERNATIVES or now they seem to be calling themselves 1.FM. I recently donated a little tiny bit to them as I have been listening to them for years now. They remind me of the 80s stuff my young uncles in London used to listen to in the late 80s. But then some of the DJs play songs I've never heard of or songs I've heard of once in my life. Not all of the shows are great...but most of them are. IF I'm in the mood to hear some 80s stuff, this is where I go. I like to work on my ideas with headphones on listening to this if I'm not in the mood for old Punk or Metal or Hip Hop. So I thought I should share it with you. Actually, sometimes they end up playing a lot of old Punk.

To listen online go to http://flashbackalternatives.com

To listen on iTunes, go to RADIO. They were always listed under 80s but they told me they recently got moved to the ALTERNATIVE category (which is wrong). They're at the bottom of the list or close to it and listed as 1.FM.

HERE'S A NOTE FROM A COMMENT THAT WAS MADE HERE FROM DJ ED:
shows air at 9pm and 12am, M-F with repeats Sat and Sun mornings. 
All other times the station is all request via our Real Time Request system, so the listeners decide what is played!

Below is a song I had never heard of before from 1984 that they were playing the other day. So, I looked it up. A band called NOH MASK and the song is called "Tokyo Twilight". So so so so 80s.♡




more sunday matinee ♥ mens ferragamo 2012

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the mention!

Just a note - shows air at 9pm and 12am, M-F with repeats Sat and Sun mornings.

All other times the station is all request via our Real Time Request system, so the listeners decide what is played!

Thanks again.

DJ Ed

montronix said...

you're very welcome. i told you i was going to do a blog post. :)good luck. i hope you guys get moved back to the 80s section/category on itunes!