4.28.2012

NANCY GIRL BOOK CLUB ♥ FICTION


So the next post in the new installment of the NANCY GIRL BOOK CLUB is a short fiction collection called FUKT TO START WITH (Desperanto) by long-time friend and style genius WALT CESSNA. Though I still call him and have always called him Walter. Walter has done a ton of stuff in his life. When I met him, he was writing but he was also the West Coast Fashion Editor for Paper magazine. He was also one of the best stylist (and he still is even though he doesn't do much styling these days). He's a photographer and I guess you have to just call him a true artist because he does a lot of things...probably too many to list. You might have read his stuff on the style bible A SHADED VIEW ON FASHION, as he is a regular contributor. But Walter is a really amazing, entertaining, funny, snarky and fun writer. I mean, he's way more than that...he's a really magical writer. It's no wonder his first official book of writing which just came out a week or so ago has done so well. People love it! This book is not G-rated! The writing is something closer to Burroughs, and some of Walter's photography is showcased between the short stories....and some of those aren't for the kiddies. :) For adults only, unless you're allowed to read that kind of stuff. Or like it. 

I especially love some of the story titles...I think they give a great overview of what this book is about and what Walter's life experiences have been influenced by...sort of...maybe...probably:

PRETTY VACANT 
CHILDREN OF THE RAVE
THIS IS NOT A LOVE STORY
GUILTY BY ADMISSION  
THIS STILL AIN’T NO LOVE STORY
HEAD IN A HELLO KITTY BAG
PLEASE DON’T SQUEEZE THE CHARMIN 
BEER SHAPED HEART
J. MARS WUZ HERE 
YEAH, SURE
FONDU WITHOUT THE “E” ON THE END 

GREEN BLOOD & SPAM
MY DINNER WITH MICHAEL

Amazing, right? Again, this is not for little kiddies. I'm so excited about this book and I was so honored to write the foreword (yes! I got to write the foreword for this book and the crazy thing is they put my name on the cover along with Walt's! Trip OUT!) It's pretty awesome to see your friends do something like this and have it so well received...everyone understands what you understand and that's that Walter Cessna is an alien-talented super human. I'm so glad I've had his crazy self in my life and I'm so excited to write about it on the Nancy Girl Book Club. (It's also been really interesting that a lot of my friends have released or are releasing really amazing books...all during the same year...including me!)



See some other posts on Walter here...

CONGRATS, WALTER...I HOPE YOU SELL A GAZILLION AND THEY TURN YOUR STORIES INTO MANY MANY FILMS!!! Bra-vo. Show 'em whatcha got. ;) xxxmt♡


chapter titles copyright walter cessna

No comments: