11.20.2011

SUNDAY MATINEE ♥ CARTIER VERSUS A-HA

I got this very strange press release for a new video/viral for Cartier...but come on, people...doesn't ONE person at Cartier have the balls to say, "This is a total rip off of A-Ha's classic Take On Me"?!?!?! I'm also getting annoyed at how brands use their PR people to filter through the bad comments and only approve the "I love it" comments on YouTube. I didn't see one bad comment. I don't get it. I just don't get it. There are ways to reference the old in a respectable way. But to do it this awful way. NO. But I do love love love the track by AIR on the Cartier video. It's its only saving grace. If you don't know what I'm talking about at all, go ahead and see for yourself....happy Sunday! (The A-Ha video concept is a hundred times better...they should have just used that.) PPS...I am almost 100% sure that the club scene is filmed at The Hole in NYC. I don't know who goes there anymore. It used to be a gay club during the week, but on Wednesday nights, it was where all the local hipsters (real hipsters from 10 years ago...not people who dress like hipsters) from the Lower East Side would end up. I have stood next to so many crazy rockstars and seen so many things go on in that place. I especially remember seeing Chloe Sevigny so many times there in her gorgeous outfits, and once eyeing mine as I eyed hers.♡






more sunday matinee ♥ the fabulous stains

No comments: