1.17.2012

MAKEUP MONDAY ♥ KORRES REVIEW

Recently my friend Alex did a post on some products from the Korres brand on her blog Searching for Style, and I replied to her saying I had purchased a few things for my trip to this cold cold land. She agreed the brand is amazing and lovely. You can read her post here...I will def be trying those face wipes as I never have. But I thought it would be cool to talk about some of the Korres stuff I brought on this work trip. 

First, like I've mentioned before, I have pretty combo to very dry skin already. I mean, yeah...my T-zone can get shiny, etc....but generally if it's cold and windy outside, my skin is prone to really getting dry. Which I really do not like. So in addition to the moisturizers I purchased, I ended up getting the Korres Antiageing Primer...it's the one with quercetin and oak, and it's silicone free which I like because I think that stuff breaks me out. Here is what the website says:

Helps to prolong make-up wear, reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles, improves skin texture, provides a healthy glow to the skin, can be worn alone or under foundation

I bought this after reading a ton of reviews about how it's great for dry skin and in dry weather. It does feel amazing. I don't really wear it all the time. But I do already love this product.

The next thing I bought (I did purchase a few Korres products the same day on my trip to Sephora) was the Korres Wild Rose Pressed Powder. OK. I know a lot of brands get a lot of OOO's and AAAH's over the packaging...but for me this packaging is really gorgeous and modern. I love it! Plus, the powder is gorgeous finely milled and looks great on my skin. I apply it with a smallish face brush on the shiny parts of my face...if I have any. 



I also picked up a couple of lip products. First, the famous Korres Lip Butter in the color Pomegranate. Love love love love this product. It's pretty, it's yummy, and it's in a pretty package. The other product I love love love is the Korres Mango Butter Lipstick in Cinnamon which is a gorgeous almost-70s, very hydrating brown-y color. It's like a nude lipstick but with a bit more color. Sort of. But trust me if you love those kinds of colors, you will love it. A lot of the colors I wanted were sold out. But I'm very happy with this one. And, again, the packaging is hot.




I have a few more products, but I haven't tried them out yet. BUT I WILL and then I'll give you the low down. These products are well made, gorgeous colors, chic packaging, and very in the know. And I feel very chic when I use them. Which is a good part of what life should be about.♡

No comments: