11.27.2012

TUESDAY TAILOR ♥ THE RETURN OF ALICE ROI (!!!) ♥

Alice Roi is back. But it feels like she's been gone for a very very long time now. Some of you might not even know who she is. Well, I started following her back around 2000-ish. I was in San Francisco and OBSESSED. I would comb through Ebay looking for pieces from her first or second collections. She was one of the super cool designers that we loved, like Liz Collins and Wink (both are not designing but I still love those lines, too). I'll try to find an image of my favorite Alice Roi top. It's amazing.

alice roi spring 2001

alice roi spring 2001
alice roi fall 2001
When I moved to New York, one of my best experiences was when I got to meet Alice. We were doing a story on her (I did a few) and a big fashion shoot for a magazine called Anthem. She even gave me an amazing top at that shoot from her then-current collection. (But sadly it was taken away by a nasty girl who never gave it back to me!) I'll post some of the images from that shoot down below.

spring 2002 (looking a little buffalo gal)
fall 2005

fall 2005
Recently, a dear photographer friend whom I've on Nancy Girl a couple of times emailed me that she had done a new video for the return of Alice Roi. I was so excited! I guess Alice had taken time off to have a baby and now she is back. You can't see the clothes too too well in the video, but it gives you a pretty decent look at it. 

fall 2002
fall 2007

Alice is very very New York and very chic, which is natural for her as she grew up in New York City. I'll try to do a little interview with her after the holidays. I hope I get to pick up some of her new pieces eventually, too. See the video below done by Heidi Hartwig (and the rest of the credits are at the end). See more about Alice at aliceroi.com (not sure this site is up and running yet!).♡




alice roi, photographed by margo silver and styled by masayo kishi (i was the editor of the story)

one of the shots from the alice roi story (i think this was one of her last collections) photographed by margo silver and styled by masayo kishi (i was the editor of the story)

another shot (the boy model is also wearing some alice roi, though she does womens wear), photographed by margo silver and styled by masayo kishi (i was the editor of the story)

more tuesday tailor ♥ rice and beans vintage

No comments: