5.19.2012

SAT SHOPPING ♥ DOVER STREET MARKET

I had planned on initially doing a post on some new things out for Spring that I am loving...but then it occured to me that maybe some of you aren't familiar with Dover Street Market. Dover Street Market is was concepted and is directed by Comme des Garçons creator/designer REI KAWAKUBO. I love what they carry. I love their windows. I love how they are constantly updating me on things in a very non-pushy BUY BUY SELL SELL way. I'm genuinely excited to see what the email is going to say. And sometimes it's very very little more than a logo and a few words. They carry some very special things in addition to all the amazing Comme des Garçons collections. So I'll save some of those bits for next week...if you feel like it and you're curious, though, you can go ahead and have a look over at the site yourself. Oh and PS...it's in London. I failed to mention that little piece of information. Oh and they  just opened one in Ginza which I'll include below.  Lots of photos from the opening of that shop. I love how they break it down to: first floor, second floor...

Actually, I did go to some private events in New York at a shop...but it was the Comme des Garçons shop. I don't remember calling it Dover Street Market. I'll post a pic at the end if I find a good one. It was a gorgeous shop. Felt like I was in some cartoon ice cave or Flinstones cave or something. The crowd was tiny...very exclusive. A lot of people were clearly friends of Kawakubo or DJ Spooky and I thin Nigo was there, too. But it was pretty boring and the goody bag was terrible. I remember being so disappointed. (I can't find the photos from the CDG event...but I'll post some as soon as I find them.)

Here's a quote from the site by Rei Kawakubo:
"I want to create a kind of market where various creators from various fields gather together and encounter each other in an ongoing atmosphere of beautiful chaos: the mixing up and coming together of different kindred souls who all share a strong personal vision."♡

LONDON STORE

the current window at the london shop


i'll take everything in this room, please. (the clothes and shoes.)







i love the gold in this room.










more saturday shopping ♥ branded publications

No comments: