8.07.2012

MAKEUP MONDAY ♥ CURRENT FAVORITES

I can't believe it's already time for me to list up my current favorites. This will be short and sweet. I'll do a separate post, but I wanted to also mention that I'm probably going to start writing about things that are not fashion or beauty related. Or, rather, they're not product related. I'm going to mix them in with the normal day-to-day posts as I am getting a little bored with just posting up the say stuff every week. OKAY...now onto the current favorites:

Foundation
Current favorites are still the new Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup and my Skin 79 BB creams, especially the one in the orange container on hot days. I also still love my Chanel Lift Lumière, but I don't use that on a daily basis. You can read about the foundations by clicking on the links. 

revlon colorstay whipped foundation. i love this stuff!

skin 79 bb cream in the orange container. i love this, too! esp when i need a ton of spf!


Concealers
For under my eyes, my favorite is the Garnier roller ball in light/medium. I have been using this for a year and I can't believe it's still going! It hasn't run out and I use it every day. My favorite thing about it is that it de-puffs my eyes a little. I have big eyes and lack of sleep or anything shows up quickly in puffiness. 
For covering up imperfections, I've been trying to use up my Clinique Continuous Coverage which is actually a super full coverage foundation, if you have major things or tattoos you want to cover. But it lasts ages as a concealer for blemishes or anything else. And it pretty much does not budge after you have set it. I actually don't understand why no one ever talks about it. It's much more "sturdy" than the Vichy Dermablend stick foundation. 

clinique continuous coverage foundation

the garnier roller ball concealer. i love this!

Blush/Bronzer
My favorite bronzer right now is the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny. I have the Chanel Bronze Universal or whatever, but I don't wear that if I'm at home working on the computer. This bronzer is amazing, matte, light application so you can build it up and it still looks natural. It's comparable to high end powder bronzers. Love it. 

nyc bronzing face powder in sunny. i use it with a giant powder brush.


Eyes
I pretty much use either Jordana Color Effects Eyeshadow Duo in the shade Good Match, which has a natural beige color and a very light tan color. They are both matte. I use the light tan color as a wash of color on my eyelids like every day. It takes a second and looks great. And this stuff is cheap! So you don't have to worry about running out. I also sometimes use it to fill in my eyebrows a bit. The other eyeshadow I use a lot these days is Becca's Demi-Matte Shadow in Doeskin. I can't read the label as it's rubbed off. It's almost matte, with a tiny bit of sheen, so your eyelids look almost wet. I love this! I'm also using my beloved Becca Creme Eye Color in Quartz, which is like a pinky-oyster shell color. It's amazing to use as a highlight and at the tear duct. But sometimes I just use it as a wash over my eyelids. I'm also using L'Oreal's Telescopic Mascara in Black Brown. It does the trick, but it makes your/my eyelashes crunchy, and I don't like that too much. So I won't probably repurchase. 

jordana duo eyeshadow in good match
becca eyeshadow in doeskin
becca eye creme color in quartz
l'oreals telescopic in brown black

Lips
I have a couple current favorites. First is my NYX Round Case lipstick in the color Milan, which is kind of like my natural lip shade but a little darker. I used to hate these mauve-y colors, but now I see them as a good alternative to natural lip balm. The NYX lipstick also smells amazing, like real rose water. The other favorite is a Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle. I wasn't sure about this. It's very soft. It can break easily. And I'm not sure, but I am suspecting that it dries my lips out for some reason. But on a good day, I really love it because it's more sheer than the NYX lipstick. And easy to use. I do love those Revlon Lip Butters.

revlon lip butter in pink truffle

nyx round case lipstick in milan


So I'll post up Tuesday's post in a little while. I just wanted to get this up. I had no idea what I wanted to post up yesterday. Thanks for reading and be back later!♡

more makeup monday ♥ metallic smoky eyes

No comments: