8.09.2010

MAKEUP MONDAY ♥ CANDY FACE

I was an editor for Oyster magazine for 5 years, until I left New York for Portland, Oregon (everyone was going there) to work on a novel and try something new out. But while I was with Oyster, I loved so many things about it. Namely, a lot of the contributors. Whilst scanning some of my older stories for a temp online folio I'm creating (or forced to create since I put all of my folios in storage!), I came across this beauty story which I forever love. The makeup is done by Wai Kan using RMK and NARS. And it's photographed by Karl Grady. I love everything about this shoot and the styling. Simple yet effective. These are the things I miss about how magazines used to work. When there were 10 or less good publications that curated really good shit. I see the pros of blogging and such, but now you have to filter through a million things to get to something as good and original and cute as this shoot. Enjoy...

amazing candy sprinkle cheeks and matching liner

































































































































I  also wanted to mention the new Paul & Joe Smitten Kitten lipsticks. While I don't think it's very sexy to have a kitty face at the tip of your lipstick...I do love stuff made for grownups that looks like it's for little kids. ♡




I also love the rainbow shadow compacts they have in this collection.

more makeup monday ♥ going gyaru

beauty images  from Oyster magazine
Paul &  Joe cosmetic images from Paul & Joe Beauté

1 comment:

Bloggerlogger said...

I was the photographer on this shoot, my name has changed to Karl Allen through marriage.
I was so grateful that you were able to enjoy the outcome as much as i enjoyed shooting the spread.