5.20.2011

GIRL FRIDAY ♥ CIBO MATTO (YEAH!)



I received a press release this week with some awesome news that Japanese girl duo known as CIBO MATTO were re-uniting with a new album and a new tour! Back in 2000-ish, I was in college studying journalism and graphic design/industrial arts and working as a PR director for some very successful streetwear brands, and all we listened to then was really Japanese Pop music. And it was all really really good. I've wondered where all those bands are now, like Buffalo Daughter, Takako Minekawa, Pizzicato Five, Cornelius, Fantastic Plastic Machine and Cibo Matto. I used to send all of them clothes which they loved and I ended up befriending Yuka and Miho (from Cibo Matto). But time went on and we all lost touch and I never really heard very much about the girls or the other bands. So it's really nice to hear. They're working on new material, so I'll put some of my older favorites on here with some info about them...and then in the coming weeks, I'll do some other posts for you on some of the other Japanese Pop bands/artists that you might not know about. I'm really thrilled for Yuka (Honda) and Miho (Hatori) and I wish them total success!♡



;

CIBO MATTO 2011 TOUR DATES
6/21    Seattle, WA - Neumo's
6/22    Vancouver, BC - Fortune
6/23    Portland, OR - Doug Fir
6/25    San Francisco, CA - Bimbo's
6/26    Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl w/Yellow Magic Orchestra (YMO rule!)
7/12    Brooklyn, NY - Brooklyn Bowl
7/14    Chicago, IL - Lincoln Hall
7/16    Toronto, ON - Mod Club
7/18    New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
7/19    Washington, DC - Rock N Roll Hotel
7/20    Boston, MA - Brighton Music Hall








more girl friday ♥ artist kelly tunstall (no...not the music lady...the painter)

images from NPR

No comments: