5.14.2011

SATURDAY SHOPPING ♥ BLUSH REVIEW part 1

I had a revelation yesterday and thought I should really just do this post now. I could wait until next MAKEUP MONDAY to do this post, but I have so much beauty stuff to cover it doesn't make any sense to wait. So I'm breaking it up into two parts. Here is part one of the Blush Review. Blush is one of my favorite things and I always wear it. And I've been experimenting with a lot of them lately.

PIXI WATER BLUSH. I WILL PROBABLY RE-PURCHASE THIS AS IT LASTS FOR EV ER AND IT LOOKS REALLY NATURAL AND LASTS ALL DAY. (I JUST CHECKED AND I'M NOT SURE THEY ARE MAKING THIS PRODUCT ANYMORE. SAD.)
ORIGINS PINCH YOUR CHEEKS. NOT MY FAVORITE ANYMORE. BUT I ALWAYS HAVE A TUBE IN MY MAKEUP COLLECTION...JUST IN CASE.

I have always (always meaning I've been using forever...so long that I can't remember when I started to use it) been a diehard cheek stain liquid blush lady. I think I started with the famous Origins Pinch Your Cheeks and then moved onto other things I loved that got discontinued and ended up using Pixi Water Blush which I have used for a couple of years...until recently. I noticed my skin was getting a little more dry. I've always had really combination-normal and maybe even very sensitive skin. But not really dry. But I'm not 23 anymore. Of course my skin is going to change. And, frankly, I was just ready to update my look a little. Sometimes when you're ready to take your ambitions to the next level, you also want to take your look to another level. In addition, in all these years that I've been using a cheek stain, technology in the beauty realm has really excelled...even when it comes to drugstore/high street brands. But blush is my thing. I don't like to wear too much of anything, but I am known for my "rosy cheeks".  And I was curious about blushes like NARS' "Orgasm" and Laura Mercier apricot shades. I tried both and returned both. It was way too powder-y for me and I felt like an old lady wearing powder blush. I'm sure it wasn't the products' fault, BTW. That's not what I'm saying...but the journey did commence to find something that made me think "OOOO!" when I looked in the mirror. 

Which leads to all the blushes I now own and have experimented with. You'll be very surprised at what I ended up loving. 

THE BLUSH TEST...L TO R...ELF BLUSH/BRONZER DUO, PAULA DORF CREME BLUSH IN CHA CHA, JEMMA KIDD STAIN/FLUSH/BLUSH CONCENTRATE IN MASQUERADE, JEMMA KIDD BLUSH ID, SONIA KASHUK SUPER SHEER LIQUID TINT IN PEONY AND BECCA CREME BLUSH IN AMARYLLIS...THERE'S ALSO A ROSIE JANE CHEEK GLOSS IN ROSE THAT I FORGOT TO INCLUDE IN THE SHOT.
I have way more than mentioned above, but these are the main contenders. So...here we go.....

ROSIE  JANE CHEEK GLOSS IN ROSE

Rosie Jane Cheek Gloss in Rose
Someone from their PR sent this product to me ages ago, and I loved them. Though, I prefer to wear them on my lips than my cheeks as they don't stay on very long. At least not on my cheeks. But it's def convenient to have this Rosie Jane tiny compact in your pocket if you don't want to carry a full-on makeup bag. Because in a second, you have lip gloss and blush and a teeny tiny mirror to boot. This is one of my HG blushes. I just love love the hue. I own all the colors, but this is definitely my favorite. It leaves a dewy sheen on your cheeks which is lovely. The only problem is that it doesn't last on my cheeks, which is why I tend to use it as a back-up blush and more as a lip gloss. But it is great. Love it. Oh and I think it used to cost around $48 a compact which is really steep. But I saw it recently for about $24.


BECCA CREME BLUSH IN AMARYLLIS

Becca Creme Blush in Amaryllis
I was really really excited to get this blush. The other colors I was interested in were sold out. But this is a really pretty pink that looks really natural on my olive skin tone. Again, this is an expensive cream blush coming in at around 30-something dollars. So I figured it would be awesome. And again, I do love it and I do wear it and it tends to work best when I apply it with a brush rather than my fingers which gets it to melt too much maybe. But it doesn't stay on my cheeks all day like some of the other blushers I love. This is the reason I have always loved stains. They last all day. You never have to worry and thus they look really natural because they are on your face all the live-long day! But maybe the cheek staying power thing is my own issue and this might work better on others. Everyone raves about Becca and I do love their products. The packaging I don't really get as it looks really military to me. But we'll see. 


SONIA KASHUK SUPER SHEER LIQUID TINT IN PEONY...THIS IS A TERRIBLE IMAGE AS IT DOESN'T REALLY SHOW HOW GORGEOUS THE COLOR IS.
YOU CAN SEE THE COLOR A LITTLE BETTER HERE.

Sonia Kashuk Super Sheer Liquid Tint in Peony
I really love love this product but I haven't used it enough to know how to use it properly yet. When I see images of other girls who have used this, I LOVE it. But I don't know how much to put on or really how long it stays. Sometimes it stays on for a long time. And other times I can't see it after an hour. But the shade Peony is perfect. And it's usually sold out.  It's not too expensive, coming in at under $10 at Tar-get. So maybe you might want to try this one. Again, I use a brush with this. It tends to go on better that way. 

Okay...here's part two of this Blush Review. x♡


images from target.com and a lot of other sites i'll list on the makeup monday post. except for the group blush shot which is my own.

No comments: