5.30.2011

MAKEUP MONDAY ♥ BECCA REVIEW! part 1

I have a lot of Becca to review. So if this starts getting too long, I'll have to break it up into two parts. 

First of all, if you're into cosmetics and innovations in cosmetics and also innovations in design of cosmetics...and maybe branding and trends in general....then you've no doubt noticed or heard about BECCA. It's a relatively newer brand from Australia. Its mission is to create product that makes women (or men) look healthy, glowing, fresh, natural and glamorous in a subtle way. Sort of. They're more along the lines of Bobbi Brown or Nars, in that it's mostly neutrals. But I think Becca is acres different than the other two brands. It's so so very modern in its concepts and packaging. And final effect. Basically if you're looking for a China-doll-white face and bright Hollywood-red lips, Becca is NOT a range for you.

just some of my Becca products....these have become some of my all-time favorite cosmetics.
I heard about Becca from various make-up artists and various YouTube gurus (which I LOVE because there's something for everyone). Some of their products are staple pieces in a lot of cosmetic artist kits. Others are new. The products are quite pricey (even for the Aussies...which makes no sense. I hope they cut those natives a break in the future...seems almost more expensive there!), and the packaging looks very, um, military at first to me. Industrial. But the longer I've been using them and looking at them, they almost look very 20's to me now. Especially when you have a few products sitting on your table together. Ends up with this very Deco vibe. OK OK OK...enough ramble...onto the reviews:

BECCA SHIMMERING SKIN PERFECTOR...THE OPAL SHADE IS IN THE CENTER.

BECCA SHIMMERING SKIN PERFECTOR
Let's start with this as it seems to be everyone's favorite glow product/primer. I really was so so interested in using this Shimmering Skin Perfector, but it's a steep buy. But I did end up buying it a while ago, figuring that you only use a couple of tiny dots...and it comes in a huge bottle. So it will basically last for a long long long time, making it worth the price. This skin perfector is everything it's stacked up to be....just a little bit rubbed into the cheekbones, temples, under the eyebrow, maybe the bridge of the nose (a touch), Cupid's bow (upper lip) and a bit on the forehead...and you look like you're healthy and glowing. I LOVE this product so so much. I rotate between this and my Cosmetics a la Carte Shine Illuminator. I have the color OPAL, but it comes in so many other shades, too. Even if you love your current make up, but you want something to make it a bit more modern or you need something to add a glow to your skin if it's turned a little dry, try it.  I promise you will love it. $41.00

BECCA PRESSED SHIMMER POWDER IN PRINCESS. THIS IMAGE DOESN'T DO THE COLOR JUSTICE.
BECCA PRESSED SHIMMER POWDER in PRINCESS
I know I JUST did a big blusher review recently. And though I still love the ELF blush I mention in that post, I have been using a new blush for the past week. And I love this, too! It's the Pressed Shimmer Powder in the shade Princess. At first I didn't know what this was supposed to do. The box it comes in doesn't really say, so I went online and read some reviews to see how other people have been using this. And I realized it IS a blush. I really wanted it for the compact (feels very posh), but now I am addicted to the product inside. It's a gorgeous pink/gold blush that adds even more glow and a bit of pink to your cheeks. I am so in love with this product. Plus, I do still love the compact itself. You can layer it so it's a little heavier or keep it super super light. I can understand why they called this Princess (which I also love....!) as it's just GORGEOUS. Sorry I keep using that word, but it is gorgeous. :) Also a bit pricey but if it makes you feel like a princess, then it's totally absolutely worth it and I support your future purchase. :) $38.00


BECCA CREAM EYE COLOR QUARTZ

BECCA CREAM EYE COLOR in QUARTZ
This is a gorgeous kind of oyster-pink shimmery cream eye "shadow".  It's more like a wash and even though it's supposedly a shimmer color, it looks so so natural and subtle on. Hard to describe. It flatters your eyes. And your skin. Which is a good way to describe all Becca products...they really do their best to flatter a face. It's a good go-to easy eye cream if you're low maintenance but want to look put together and modern. This Becca Eye Cream in Quartz is one of the first Becca products I nabbed, and I'm really happy with it. If it helps, the Becca site describes this as a "silvery-nude pink". $28.00

BECCA CREME BLUSH IN AMARYLLIS

BECCA CREME BLUSH in AMARYLLIS
I do still love this Amaryllis creme blush and will use it probably when the weather gets a bit colder. I have a larger review here. But I'll just say it is beautiful, fresh, light...though I'm still working on the lasting factor. It fades away quite quickly on me. $30.00

This is getting a bit long, and I do have a lot more to review. So I'll put the rest of it in part 2. See you then and thanks for reading!♡


more makeup monday ♥ fancy mink (and faux mink) lashes

 
images from makeup4all.com, makeupmole.com, polyvore.com, beccacosmetics.com, apothica.com

No comments: