2.05.2013

♥ MAKEUP MONDAY ♥ CURRENT BEAUTY FAVORITES ♥

Hi....let's just start because these posts are always so so long...

REVLON COLORSTAY FOUNDATION FOR NORMAL/DRY SKIN & SIGMA BRUSHES
I had stopped using this for a while. Rather, I was using the new Revlon Whipped Makeup (which I love) and some other BB creams (which I also love) and my Chanel Lift Lumière foundation (which I don't know if I love), as well as trying some others. But after watching the 2012 Best Reviews on YouTube, I thought I'd retry it and....it is so awesome. I forgot just how good a foundation it is. I have pretty dry and sensitive skin. I break out over anything. I get dry patches even with good moisturizing. This stuff looks great, covers great and stays on great. Like, yesterday I spent the day outside with my dog, Lotte (love her). I put the foundation on at like 10 am, walked around 3 miles, spent hours in the park outside in the sun, walked back around 3 miles. I looked in the mirror when I got home, thinking that I must look like a mess and I didn't! The foundation was still there and still looked pretty good. I don't know if I like this more than the Revlon Whipped Foundation, but I do love it. I love it more than a lot of high end foundations including my Nars Sheer Glow (which makes me sad because I really want to love that one so much...but I only like it a lot). I use this with my Sigma flat-top kabuki brushes (which I love...esp the F80).



COSMETICS A LA CARTE SHINE ILLUMINATOR (PRIMER AND GLOW ENHANCER)
I ordered this product last year or so after watching Ruth Crilly's review on it. I decided I needed to use it up because I don't use it all the time and since then, I have also picked up some other highlight-type products. I am not in love with this at all. I don't see the glow, but maybe others do. It does smell of lovely rose water. It does feel nice on the skin. But it was so so expensive and for that price I expect a lot more. So not really a fave but I have been using it daily. 
http://www.cosmeticsalacarte.com/product/_/99/shine-illuminator/




VICHY DERMABLEND CORRECTIVE FOUNDATION
This is the one in the tube. I love the color. I love the staying power. I use this as a concealer for spots. But it doesn't stay as long as I'd like it to. I don't know if I'd repurchase it again because in the States it costs a lot of money. I really want to try some of the products Charlotte Tilbury uses for concealing. Available here.



GARNIER SKIN RENEW ANTI-DARK CIRCLE ROLLER
This is my HG under eye concealer. It covers. It doesn't crease. It lasts all day. It helps with puffiness and the package and price are awesome. Just an awesome product!



RUST, BURNT ORANGE, RUSSET EYE SHADOWS
I plan on picking up the Tom Ford Cognac Sable eyeshadow palette but for now I am just using some of these fun little bits I found at...the dollar store! Specifically this one palette that had the most gorgeous colors...and they look amazing on the eyes. I suspect they are from a high quality company and maybe the colors were discontinued. There is no name on the palette and no name on the package. But you can see the colors below. I have green eyes...sometimes they look hazel. And I have really been loving all those russet eye shadow colors used as a halo around my eyes. I also got a huge set from Ulta for my birthday and there are some really amazing oranges in there, too. 



BENEFIT THEY'RE REAL MASCARA
I got this as part of my birthday gift from Sephora and I LOVE IT. It's really a great mascara. I would even consider buying this for $23. But I'm looking for a drugstore dupe first. 



KORRES LIP BUTTER IN WILD ROSE
I own a lot of Korres, and I also own another lip butter in pomegranate. But I picked up the Wild Rose color because it's so pretty. And looks great with the russet eyeshadows. And this color is really nice plus this feels so nice on the lips and smells lovely...like roses. Really love this one. 



Okay...that's it for now...I have more but this post is already too long!!!

:)

more makeup monday ♥ new look

No comments: