2.11.2013

MAKEUP MONDAY ♥ CYNTHIA ROWLEY FALL 2013 DARK BEAUTY LOOKS ♥

 I think Cynthia Rowley's Fall 2013 collection was my most favorite that she's ever ever ever ever done...and most of that is because of the hair and makeup (especially!). I like her as a designer. One of the best compliments I ever got was a day in New York when one of my friends said, "That designer lady just totally checked you out from head to toe...!" It was Cynthia Rowley...I had noticed, of course, but it was nice to have it confirmed by my friend. (The other big compliment was Patricia Field doing the same thing at a fashion show we both attended...though, I can't remember whose show it was.) I have only ever purchased one item from her line, a pair of very '50s kitten heels loaded with rhinestones (I never wore them...I only bought them on a retail therapy session after a break-up with my boyfriend :). 



I actually really love a lot of the outfits in this collection, too. BUT the only reason why I even noticed them was because I wanted to have a better look at the makeup (and nails...which I LOVE LOVE LOVE!). It just goes to show that the hair and makeup is as important as the entire show and all its accessories and presentations. 



So...here's the deal (which I compiled from makeup.com-thank you!-because, weirdly, hardly anyone covered the hair and makeup from this show due to everyone being so damn obsessed with Alexander Wang!)...the beauty/makeup was done by beauty.com's Romy Soleimani who did the models up with dark purple lips and russet eyes (my current favorite eyeshadow color).

FROM MAKEUP.COM: "She started by swiping the pink-violet Stila Color Balm Lipstick in Gemma on lips. She then layered the deep plum Improvise and intense shimmery purple Glance eye shadows from Stila In The Moment Eye Shadow Palette onto the pout with a fingertip. To get the rust-colored eyes, Soleimani mixed the deep wine Stila Eye Shadow in Pigalle with the brick Fire eye shadow from Stila In the Know Eye Shadow Palette and patted it onto the lids. She then added a touch of Joanna Vargas Rejuvenating Serum onto eyes for a more 'lived-in look.'
The face was rounded out with Stila Glamoureyes Mascara on lashes and brushed-through brows. Soleimani skipped blush and left the skin bare save for dabs of foundation and concealer only where needed."

Very dark and Gothy...eerie...witchy. Really uncharacteristic for Cynthia Rowley and her very '50s kooky aesthetic. Maybe someone told her she needed to move away from that vibe and into the 21st century...and it worked. I also love the nails below...see the description from makeup.com...

i am so loving this nail combo...even though i'm not a purple person at all...this is pretty awesome and dark.

"...Manicurist Deborah Lippmann lacquered nails with two coats of the aubergine Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish in Dark Side of the Moon on short and rounded nails, followed by one coat of Deborah Lippmann Flat Top for a matte 'dark licorice' finish." LOVING IT!

 I'm also pretty interested in those tights or leggings or whatever. Pretty interesting! So into this. Wouldn't mind owning one or two of these dresses and rocking a purple-ish witchy Goth look, either. (Plus the hair is cute, too.) Now...about to start watching the Marc by Marc Jacobs live stream! Jessica Stam Pre-Show! Weeee! xxx



what gorgeous shoes and i love that textile!




more monday stuff ♥ detacher fall 2012

No comments: