11.07.2010

SUNDAY MATINEE ♥ HABILLEES POUR L'ETE



Habillées Pour Éte 2010 is a great show on the Sundance Channel's Full Frontal Fashion "network"...of course it's done by Loïc Prigent (and everyone who reads my blog knows how much I love Loïc's work). It's actually a really good study on the new faces of Paris fashion, if you look at it that way. I mean, they do show a lot of new designers who do not get any play anywhere. I'll def be covering them here. I have part 6 shown above, but you can see the rest here , starting from part 1. I do love watching these kinds of things that show backstage and elevator talk and candid chatter...as well as good fashion. And silly fashion. But I also love films that document what's going on...that's why I studied journalism. I wanted to chronicle things like this and I was able to cover a ton of up-and-comings because I only wrote for publications like Dazed and Tokion and others that didn't want to cover things/people everyone else was covering. So I loved this film precisely because it had a bit of everything and did show a lot of good footage of French designers who are young and unknown for the most part. And probably starving. Enjoy it. Keep your eye out for them. Cover them. And support them, if you can.♡

watch the rest  of the parts here
http://www.sundancechannel.com/fullfrontalfashion/video

more sunday matinee ♥ peau d'ane

No comments: