11.16.2010

TUESDAY TAILOR ♥ MARC BY MJ 10TH BDAY

MARC BY MARC JACOBS

So yes yes...everyone is freaking out of the announcement that, for the 10th anniversary of Marc Jacob's diffusion line Marc by Marc Jacobs, they'll be releasing a capsule collection of "Greatest Hits".  The collection will "re-propose" some of the cult favorites. I think it's a fun idea and a great idea. I mean, a lot of girls were too young to wear Marc by MJ when it first launched. I remember when everyone as talking about this new "diffusion" line. It was one of the first times I had ever heard of a diffusion line. Truth be told, the line was way less expensive than it is now. I was in San Francisco at the time, before he opened a store there. I went to maybe Saks Fifth Avenue or Neiman Marcus in Union Square to buy something from one of the first collections--a battleship gray sweatshirt with "graffiti" all over it. I still love that piece (and wish it wasn't in storage right now!). I know everyone covers Marc. But it doesn't matter to me, because I truly love the designer and the line. He gets it. He gets "ME" and I'm excited to see what pieces they'll bring back from the dead. There were so many that sold out in record time back when...Nancy Girl HEARTS Marc. And we're wishing the little sister line a happy happy 10th birthday! The mini collection will sell in the shops starting next spring. Sigh.♡




all images from vogue italia

No comments: