10.28.2011

GIRL FRIDAY ♥ DITA VON TEESE PERFUME

I don't have a team working with me, I do my own hair and make-up. Like other women, I was worrying that I couldn't do anything with my hair tonight. I don't have a stylist, I get all my clothes myself.  
DITA VON TEESE

I've never featured the sultry Dita Von Teese on Nancy Girl, only because she has so much going on (always) that she'd be on here every week. And, I mean, do I need to really say how amazingly stylish she is? But there's a lot buzzing about her new fragrance launch, which is supposed to be very grown up and sexy, like the lady herself. It's named DITA VON TEESE: FEMME TOTALE  and has notes of fresh peonies, fizzy bergamot and a bit of spicy Bourbon pepper. The heart of the perfume beguiles the senses with a pure bouquet of Bulgarian rose, Tahitian tiaré petals and fresh jasmine. And in the base note, the mystical and warm scents of patchouli, musk and sandalwood. She says, “A scent needs to reflect all the different facets of my personality. It had to be elegant, glamorous, sophisticated, sexy, dark, and mysterious.” Of course the packaging is inspired by vintage bottles that Teese covets. 


I think she's brilliant to go in this direction. I'm sure it will be incredibly successful and she won't need to do another show again if she doesn't want to. There is also something I read about how she wants to launch a beauty/makeup collection! Can you imagine the packaging on that? 

There's an interview one of the YouTubers did with Ms. Teese while she was promoting her fragrance in Berlin and it gives a lot of information. And then below that is a video I just saw with Dita as part of the 20 Year Anniversary book for Christian Louboutin. I think Dita is gorgeous and I love that old burlesque charm. But I think she needs to be given a load of credit for branding herself amazingly.







And then today I saw the Pixiwoo have a quick Dita Von Teese hair tutorial, too!♡




more girl friday ♥ pig mag and pretty hair

No comments: