4.24.2011

SATURDAY SHOPPING ♥ SOAPTOPIA HEAVEN

When I went to pick up some homeopathic allergy meds this week, I discovered a really nice artisan soap company called SOAPTOPIA. Well, whenever I go anywhere and there's a big table of freshly-cut, handmade-looking soaps, of course I have to take a sniff and a feel. I have extra sensitive skin. Not sure why. I'm olive-toned on the lighter side with a hint of pink from my mother. And lately, a lot of product makes me itch. It really has to be pure and/or moisturizing. I purchased a square of their CREME VANILLA SOAP BAR...it smells heavenly, if you like vanilla. It's a different vanilla...smells very Tahitian to me. 

CREME VANILLA SOAP BAR FROM SOAPTOPIA.COM
A long time ago, a boyfriend of mine had brought me back a bunch of Tahitian vanilla stuff from Tahiti whilst on his deep sea diving trip. And I never forgot that scent. This is what this bar smelled like to me. Not too bad to take a bath and think of Tahiti, right? :) (On their site, it says, "An elegant handmade soap with all natural Shea butter and rich Madagascar Vanilla oil"...which is pretty close maybe?) Plus, the texture is smooth smooth smooth. And...I didn't itch or dry up afterwards AT ALL. In fact, I also forgot to put lotion on my legs one day, which is unheard of. I was and am hooked. The next time I went to that market, I picked up a bar of something lemon-y...smells a bit like a fresh lemon curd to me. After looking at their site, I think it's the LEMON ROSEMARY SOAP BAR. 

LEMON ROSEMARY SOAP BAR
It's also really nice. I haven't used it yet to see if it's going to make my skin itch, but I doubt it. Soaptopia says their soaps are made with love...or here is what the site says:

Our soap is all natural and handmade in small batches with lots of love and only the finest ingredients consisting ofItalian Olive oil, wildcrafted Shea butter, Coconut oil, Palm oil, Avocado oil, Organic Hempseed oil, plant infusions, Madagascar Vanilla Oil and LOVE! 

Here are some other soap "flavors" I'd love to check out:

SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW SOAP BAR- THE "LUCKIEST SOAP" WITH ROSE, GERANIUM,CITRUS, LAVENDER, AND MINT
SCOUT IN THIN MINT...I THINK THESE ARE SUPPOSED TO SMELL LIKE A GIRL SCOUT THIN MINT COOKIE (CHOCOLATE AND MINT AND HEAVEN)
PETALMINT PATTY (LIKE PEPPERMINT PATTY FROM THE PEANUTS!) SOAP BAR...WITH ROSE AND PEPPERMINT OILS. SO PRETTY.
There are so many other soaps I could list here. But you'll have to check it out for yourself on their site. They have a soap-of-the-month club, too, which sounds awesome. They were so gracious when I emailed them, inviting me to come in and check out the operations. And I intend to. But I got very sick these past couple of days, so maybe I'll have to make that a separate post. Maybe I can coax them to create something for Nancy Girl. 

I am not sure if they ship world-wide, but these soaps are really lovely. It's a little luxury I think everyone can afford. I mean, in these days when money is sometimes tight, almost anyone can afford to at least buy a nice soap so when you are in the bath, you can luxe and lavish yourself and escape into Soaptopia. :) Oh, most of these bars are $6.50 each. But they also come in boxes and gift sets, etc. They do have a slew of other products I'd love to try first before I write about them, including body salves, bath salts and organic perfumes!♡


images from soaptopia.com

No comments: